White-Tailed Deer - Imposing Icons - 2021 Canada 2 oz Silver Coin - Royal Canadian Mint
In Canada, the white-tailed deer is the most common and widely distributed large mammal. If you spot one, it is likely grazing in woodland edges and pastures. However, the deer startles easily; at the first sign of trouble, it raises the alarm by flagging its brown tail to reveal a white underside (hence its name) as it gallops out of sight. Coin #3 of our Imposing Icons series invites you to look deep into the eyes of the white-tailed deer. This close encounter with such a large prey species is made possible by the coin's large (50 mm) diameter, which provides ample room for both the engraved wilderness and colourful wildlife.
A must-have addition for any nature or animal lover in your family! Order today!
- A NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN VIEW: Our wildlife-themed coins have featured full body or side-view portraits, but rarely a front-facing one—and never one with such a close view that you can almost feel the animal's breath.
- SUBSCRIBE TODAY TO ADD THE COMPLETE FOUR-COIN SERIES TO YOUR COLLECTION. Your first coin comes with a subscription-only case with spaces for the remaining coins, which will be automatically shipped to you the moment they are released.
- A LARGER DIAMETER (50 MM) DRAWS YOU DEEP INTO THE WILDERNESS. Imagine taking a photo of the landscape when the elusive animal suddenly appears and steps into your shot—it's the perfect view of a wild Canada.
- MIX OF FINISHES: Selective colour instantly draws the eye towards the wildlife, but the wilderness in the background is every bit as breathtaking. From mountains to forests, the Canadian landscape is beautifully re-created thanks to finely detailed engraving, with multiple finishes to add extra dimension.
- FROM CANADA, WITH LOVE: Canada is known for its outsized wilderness and wildlife, and these coins perfectly capture the rugged beauty of both. It's a four-part celebration of Canada's untouched corners and the wild creatures that quietly inhabit them.
- LIMITED WORLDWIDE MINTAGE: Limited mintage of 2,500 coins makes this sought-after coin a rare collectible.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE: The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- 2 OZ. 99.99% PURE SILVER: NO GST/HST!
Designed by artist Maurade Baynton, the reverse features a selectively coloured, close-up view of the white-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus). The finely engraved backdrop showcases the forest, one of the deer's many habitats in Canada. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
"The white-tailed deer can be found in both prairie and mountainous regions. This animal is following the path of least resistance: the road. He has one ear turned slightly, always listening for danger…" Maurade Baynton: Artist
- The white-tailed deer is a fast runner—it can dash off at speeds of up to 58 km/h.
- The deer's diet changes with the seasons: it eats plants and berries in the spring/summer, acorns and leftover grains in the fall, and grasses or sedges in the winter.
- If you spot a bedded fawn and there's no sight of its mother, it's not necessarily a sign of trouble. The doe is known to conceal her fawn and leave it unattended for long hours while she feeds.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.
Order your coin today!
✔️ Top Quality Bullion
✔️ Price Match Guaranteed
✔️ Free Shipping Over $250
✔️ Safe, Secure & Insured
Best Prices Guaranteed
We'll happily beat our competition!
On orders over $250
Over 15 Years Industry Experience
Our experts are here to help you Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM.