Two Dollar ($2) - Big Coin Series - 2019 Canada Pure Silver Reverse Gold Plating - Royal Canadian Mint
Launched in 1996, the 2-dollar coin is more affectionately known as the “toonie”—a combination of “two” and “loonie”, the moniker for Canada’s 1-dollar coin. Though updated in 2010 by Brent Townsend, the familiar scene on the reverse originated with Canadian artist Tony Bianco, who designed the first version in 1996. Shortly after the coin’s initial launch, the bear was dubbed “Churchill”—to the delight of residents of Churchill, Man., where polar bears are a common sight.
LOWEST MINTAGE EVER FOR THIS SERIES! Mintage lowered to 1,250! Order today!
- A FAMILIAR FAVOURITE! This 5 oz. pure silver version of the 2-dollar coin features the coin’s iconic polar bear design. With a number of notable exceptions, this design has been used continuously on Canadian “toonies” since 1996.
- SILVER AND GOLD, TOGETHER ON ONE COIN! New for 2019, reverse gold plating adds a warm-toned gleam that creates a beautiful contrast next to the silver shine of the engraved relief!
- SIXTH IN 7 COIN SERIES! Your 2-dollar coin is the sixth in our exciting 2019 seven-coin series of 5-ounce pure silver versions of current and historical Canadian circulation coinage!
- 5 OUNCES PURE SILVER! Your coin is crafted from five ounces 99.99% pure silver!
- LARGE DIAMETER! Your 2-dollar coin has a diameter of 65.25 mm and a nominal metal weight of 157.6 grams! The ideal diameter and weight for such a beautiful design!
- SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! Your coin includes a serialized certificate!
- LOWER MINTAGE THAN LAST YEAR! Mintage has been lowered from 1,500 to 1,250 in 2019—the lowest ever for the popular Big Coin series, which has a history of selling quickly.
- NO GST/HST!
The reverse features Brent Townsend’s image of an adult polar bear standing on an ice floe, gazing out over the early summer Arctic landscape. Reverse gold plating fills the field while the coin’s silver surface draws the eye to the engraved relief, which includes the word “CANADA”, the date “2019” and the face value of “2 DOLLARS”. The reverse gold-plated obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with graphic beauty box.
✔️ Top Quality Bullion
✔️ Price Match Guaranteed
✔️ Free Shipping Over $250
✔️ Safe, Secure & Insured
Best Prices Guaranteed
We'll happily beat our competition!
On orders over $250
Over 15 Years Industry Experience
Our experts are here to help you Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM.