Twenty-Five Cent (25c) - Big Coin Series - 2019 Canada Pure Silver Reverse Gold Plating - Royal Canadian Mint
A fixture in the everyday lives of Canadians, Emanuel Hahn’s iconic portrait of a caribou made its debut on the 25-cent piece in 1937 as part of an effort to modernize Canadian circulation coinage. The famous sculptor’s caribou portrait was originally destined for the silver dollar, temporarily reassigned to the 5-cent piece, and finally selected for the 25-cent piece. The schooner that now appears on the 10-cent piece was Hahn’s first 25-cent piece design.
STUNNING! A gorgeous addition for any collector interested in Canadian minting history! Order today!
- A CLASSIC! This 5 oz. fine silver version of the 25-cent coin features Emanuel Hahn’s iconic caribou design, which was first issued in 1937. With a number of notable exceptions, the design has been used continuously on Canadian “quarters.”
- SILVER AND GOLD, TOGETHER ON ONE COIN! New for 2019, reverse gold plating adds a warm-toned gleam that creates a beautiful contrast next to the silver shine of the engraved relief!
- SECOND IN 7 COIN SERIES! Your 25-cent coin is the second in our 2019 seven-coin series of 5-ounce pure silver versions of current and historical Canadian circulation coinage!
- 5 OUNCES PURE SILVER! Your coin is crafted from five ounces 99.99% pure silver!
- LARGE DIAMETER! Your 25-cent coin has a diameter of 65.25 mm and a nominal metal weight of 157.6 grams! The ideal diameter and weight for such a beautiful design!
- SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! Your coin includes a serialized certificate!
- LOWER MINTAGE THAN LAST YEAR! Mintage has been lowered from 1,500 to 1,250 in 2019—the lowest ever for the popular Big Coin series, which has a history of selling quickly.
- NO GST/HST!
The reverse features Canadian artist Emanuel Hahn’s iconic left-side profile of a caribou with majestic antlers. Reverse gold plating fills the field while the coin’s silver surface draws the eye to the engraved relief, which includes the word “CANADA”, the face value “25 CENTS” and the date “2019”. The reverse gold-plated obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with graphic beauty box.
✔️ Top Quality Bullion
✔️ Price Match Guaranteed
✔️ Free Shipping Over $250
✔️ Safe, Secure & Insured
Best Prices Guaranteed
We'll happily beat our competition!
On orders over $250
Over 15 Years Industry Experience
Our experts are here to help you Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM.