The Bumble Bee and The Bloom - 2019 Canada 5 oz Pure Silver Coin - Royal Canadian Mint
A moveable bumble bee is drawn to one of the showiest blooms yet on your 5 oz. 99.99% pure silver collectible coin. When you tilt your coin, the gold-plated bee circles around the rose gold-plated petals of a wild rose—one of the many flowering plants in Canada that depend on these wondrous little pollinators.
Add this gorgeous five-ounce 99.99% pure silver coin—with a bee that moves—to your display today!
- A FIRST! THE BUMBLE BEE MOVES! Your coin includes a show-stopping, interactive element: tilt your coin to help the bumble bee fly circles around the wild rose!
- BEE-AUTY THAT WON'T WHITHER OR FADE! Your gorgeous coin and its flower-and-bee topper will forever bloom and enchant as a treasured part of your collection. A true stunner.
- MERGES ART AND TECHNOLOGY! A sophisticated design that magnificently merges art and technology; engraving and casting; silver and (rose) gold.
- INCLUDES GOLD AND ROSE-GOLD HIGHLIGHTS! Gold and rose gold plating elegantly highlights the crowning touches (the sterling silver bumble bee and flower) on your floral-inspired coin, while a mirror-like proof finish lights up the engraved shrub like sunlight on a summer day.
- LARGE CANVAS! With a diameter of 65 millimetres and a nominal metal weight of 157.6 grams, your five-ounce 99.99% pure silver coin makes for a wonderfully large canvas for you to enjoy all the art and details!
- A LOWER THAN USUAL MINTAGE! Combined with a stunning design and lower-than-usual mintage for a five oz. pure silver coin, this may sell quickly, so order today before these fun coins are gone!
- SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! Your coin includes a serialized certificate!
- NO GST/HST!
Designed by Canadian artist Tony Bianco, your coin presents a close view of Canada's most common wild rose and the floral emblem of Alberta, Rosa acicularis. The leaves and flowers of this native shrub fill much of the engraved reverse, where the proof finish is as luminous as a bright summer day. The image is topped by two sterling silver-cast elements: a rose gold-plated bloom and a gold-plated bumble bee. Firmly affixed to the coin's surface, the five-petal flower is fully opened to expose the pollen-laden anthers that are a food source for pollinating insects. But the moveable bumble bee adds an interactive twist to this dimensional design; using gravitational force, the "flying" bee is able to circle around the rose whenever the coin is tilted from one side to the other. The reverse includes the engraved word "CANADA" and the year, "2019". The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with black beauty box.
✔️ Top Quality Bullion
✔️ Price Match Guaranteed
✔️ Free Shipping Over $250
✔️ Safe, Secure & Insured
Best Prices Guaranteed
We'll happily beat our competition!
On orders over $250
Over 15 Years Industry Experience
Our experts are here to help you Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM.