Rabbit : Alex Coville Designs - Big Coin Series - 2017 Canada 5 oz Pure Silver Coin - Royal Canadian Mint
They are a connection to our past; and for many coin collectors, they ignited a lifelong passion for collecting. As Canada celebrates its 150th anniversary, this commemorative re-issue of the 1967 Canadian Centennial coins revisits one of Canada’s most iconic coins: the Alex Colville-designed five-cent coin, which has been beautifully re-created and enhanced on this 5 oz. fine silver coin.
A gorgeous gift for someone who enjoys Alex Colville’s 1967 centennial circulation coins! Order today!
- FOURTH COIN IN THE SERIES! Your coin is the fourth in an unforgettable series that celebrates Canada’s 150th anniversary and the 50th anniversary of the 1967 Canadian Centennial circulation coins.
- BOTH SIDES OF YOUR COIN FEATURE SELECTIVE GOLD PLATING! Never before have these iconic designs been featured in 99.99% pure silver—and on a much larger scale (65.25-mm diameter)—uniquely enhanced with stunning gold plating selectively applied to the reverse and obverse.
- GORGEOUS PROOF FINISH! The proof finish is gorgeously enhanced with modern polishing techniques that highlight the meticulous engraving of each subject.
- INCLUDES EFFIGY OF HER MAJESTY QUEEN ELIZABETH II. For added historical authenticity, the obverse features the second effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, as it appeared on the original coins.
- THIRD BIG COIN SERIES TO FEATURE ICONIC CANADIAN CIRCULATION COINS! Previous ones sold out very quickly; given the popularity of the original designs, and a low mintage, this series will be highly sought after.
- LARGE SIZE COIN! Your coin is 65.25-mm in diameter, an impressive size that highlights the beautiful design.
- 5-OUNCE 99.99% PURE SILVER COIN! Your coin has no GST/HST!
- LOW MINTAGE: Only 2,150 coins will be made worldwide.
Your coin re-creates the beloved 1967 five-cent circulation coin design by Canadian artist Alex Colville and features the side profile of a rabbit. Captured in outstanding detail, the engraved rabbit is seen mid-hop, its forelegs elevated as its strong hind legs propel it forward. The image is enhanced by the application of selective gold plating over the rabbit and all along the coin’s rim. The reverse also features the engraved face value “5 CENTS”, the word “CANADA” and the commemorative dates “1867-2017”. The obverse features selective gold plating on the second effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Arnold Machin.
- No: 156446
- Mintage: 2,150
- Composition: 99.99% pure silver
- Finish: proof
- Weight (g): 157.6
- Diameter (mm): 65.25
- Edge: serrated
- Certificate: serialized
- Face value: 5 cents
- Artist: Alex Colville (reverse), Arnold Machin (obverse)
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a graphic beauty box.
Order your coin today!
✔️ Top Quality Bullion
✔️ Price Match Guaranteed
✔️ Free Shipping Over $250
✔️ Safe, Secure & Insured
Best Prices Guaranteed
We'll happily beat our competition!
On orders over $250
Over 15 Years Industry Experience
Our experts are here to help you Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM.