Parliament Building - Celebrating Canada - 2017 Canada 2 oz Pure Silver Coin Glow In The Dark - Royal Canadian Mint
It’s Canada’s 150th birthday, and Parliament Hill will be the place to be this Canada Day! You too can join the crowd on the coin’s reverse, where daytime ceremonies include a fly-past by The Snowbirds. When viewed under a black light (included), the scene turns to night as it basks in the colourful glow of the grand firework finale. It’s the next-best thing to being there in person!
Captures the excitement of Canada Day celebrations with this glow-in-the-dark coin! Order today!
- TWO SCENES, ONE COIN! Full colour application re-creates the daytime celebrations as Canada’s Snowbirds soar above the Peace Tower. Then, view the coin under a black light (included) to find a luminous fireworks display that casts a glow on the buildings and people below!
- INCLUDES BLACK-LIGHT FLASHFLIGHT! The hidden night scene is made possible by the strategic integration of black light and glow-in-the-dark technology within the colour image—and over engraved elements!
- A SOARING CELEBRATION OF CANADA! A timeless scene that evokes a swelling sense of pride for a nation celebrating 150 years.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins. Most of these are serialized certifications, meaning that each certificate is given a unique number, starting at 1.
- LOW MINTAGE! Limited to 5,000 coins worldwide.
- 2 OZ. PURE SILVER! Your coin is crafted from two ounces of 99.99% pure silver.
- NO GST/HST!
An extremely low mintage and compelling art combine to make this one of the most appealing coins to celebrate Canada’s 150th Anniversary of Confederation. There’s a timeless quality to Jesse Koreck’s reverse design, which provides a lasting snapshot of Canada Day festivities on Parliament Hill. The view of the Centre Block building helps create a more immersive viewing experience—one gets the sense of being there in person, among the hundreds of thousands of people who have gathered on the lawn to take part in this joyous occasion. The outpouring of national pride is evident in the revellers’ red-and-white clothing and the prominent placement of Canadian flags. However, the crowd’s attention is focused on the sky overhead, where the aerobatic Snowbirds Demonstration Team performs a thrilling fly-past above the iconic Peace Tower. The use of a full colour application adds a rich vibrancy to the daytime scene; but the strategic integration and layering of photoluminescent technologies allow for a surprising transition to night. When viewed under a black light, a day of celebrating has reached its spectacular climax with an unforgettable pyrotechnic display! Black light and glow-in-the-dark technology re-create the elaborate firework finale above Parliament Hill, where the dazzling array of colours and patterns faintly illuminate the buildings and the crowd below. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a graphic beauty box.
✔️ Top Quality Bullion
✔️ Price Match Guaranteed
✔️ Free Shipping Over $250
✔️ Safe, Secure & Insured
Best Prices Guaranteed
We'll happily beat our competition!
On orders over $250
Over 15 Years Industry Experience
Our experts are here to help you Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM.