Nunavut Drum Dancing - Celebrating Canada's 150th Anniversary - 2017 Canada 1/2 oz Pure Silver Coin - Royal Canadian Mint
Beneath the North Star (Niqirtsuituq) in the sky and on the territorial flag, Nunavut's unspoiled wilderness casts a spell with its promise of solitude. Here where the boreal forest transitions to tundra and the polar desert of the Arctic Archipelago, one moves to the rhythm of the land rather than measured time…
The Celebrating Canada's 150th series concludes its collectible cross-country journey in Canada's youngest territory, Nunavut, which was founded on April 1, 1999. In this arctic wonderland steeped in Inuit culture, the photo-like design pays tribute to the timeless traditions of the Nunnavummiut.
A beautiful addition to your Canadiana coin display! Order today!
- FINAL COIN IN 13-COIN SUBSCRIPTION! If you like this coin, you will most likely enjoy all the other coins in the subscription! Subscribe* today and you'll get a FREE collector case (ships with your first coin) plus a one-year subscription** to Canadian Geographic magazine! In addition, when you subscribe you are guaranteed the price of just $44.95 for each coin!
- CELEBRATES CANADA'S 150TH ANNIVERSARY! As Canada celebrates its 150th anniversary, embark on a cross-country collecting experience with a stunning series that showcases Canada's iconic flora, fauna, landscapes and landmarks!
- BASED ON UNFORGETTABLE PHOTOGRAPHS! This collaborative series between the Royal Canadian Mint and Canadian Geographic magazine features striking designs based on unforgettable photographs from the bi-monthly publication.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins. Most of these are serialized certifications, meaning that each certificate is given a unique number, starting at 1.
- 99.99% PURE SILVER COIN! Your coin is GST/HST exempt!
Based on a photograph by Canadian photographer Michelle Valberg, the reverse features vibrant colour over detailed engraving that captures an Inuit drum dance on Devon Island, Nunavut. Artist Mathew Nuqingaq of Iqaluit, Nunavut, is dressed in traditional clothing as he lifts up a large frame drum (a qilaut) while performing a traditional song. The sun adds a vibrancy to the Arctic landscape behind him, where the golden colours of the tundra stand out beneath the clear blue sky. The reverse also features the engraved word "CANADA" and the dates "1867-2017" to commemorate the 150th anniversary of Confederation.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a black beauty box.
Order your coin today!
✔️ Top Quality Bullion
✔️ Price Match Guaranteed
✔️ Free Shipping Over $250
✔️ Safe, Secure & Insured
Best Prices Guaranteed
We'll happily beat our competition!
On orders over $250
Over 15 Years Industry Experience
Our experts are here to help you Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM.