Five Cent (5c) - Big Coin Series - 2019 Canada Pure Silver Reverse Gold Plating - Royal Canadian Mint
An official emblem of Canada since 1975, the beaver’s use as a cultural motif dates back hundreds of years—long before G. E. Kruger-Gray’s design made its debut in 1937. From 1858 to 1921, the Canadian 5-cent piece featured the same reverse image as other coinage used in Canada during that period: two crossed maple boughs topped with a crown. In 1937, the Royal Canadian Mint introduced G.E. Kruger-Gray’s beaver design as part of a modernization effort, and with a few notable exceptions, it has been used continuously on Canadian “nickels” ever since.
Today, G.E. Kruger-Gray’s 5-cent piece is one of sevendesigns to make the leap to a 5 oz. coin—part of our reverse gold-plated tribute to Canadian circulation coins past and present.
LOWEST MINTAGE EVER FOR THIS SERIES! Mintage lowered to 1,250! Order today!
- A CLASSIC! This 5 oz. pure silver version of the 5-cent piece features British artist G.E. Kruger-Gray’s iconic beaver design. With only a few notable exceptions, the image has appeared continuously on Canadian “nickels” since 1937.
- SILVER AND GOLD, TOGETHER ON ONE COIN! New for 2019, reverse gold plating adds a warm-toned gleam that creates a beautiful contrast next to the silver shine of the engraved relief!
- FOURTH IN 7 COIN SERIES! Your 5-cent coin is the fourth in our exciting 2019 seven-coin series of 5-ounce pure silver versions of current and historical Canadian circulation coinage!
- 5 OUNCES PURE SILVER! Your coin is crafted from five ounces 99.99% pure silver!
- LARGE DIAMETER! Your 5-cent coin has a diameter of 65.25 mm and a nominal metal weight of 157.6 grams! The ideal diameter and weight for such a beautiful design!
- SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! Your coin includes a serialized certificate!
- LOWER MINTAGE THAN LAST YEAR! Mintage has been lowered from 1,500 to 1,250 in 2019—the lowest ever for the popular Big Coin series, which has a history of selling quickly.
- GST/HST EXEMPT! Your coin is GST/HST exempt.
The reverse features British artist G.E. Kruger-Gray’s iconic image of the side profile of a beaver standing on a rock surrounded by water. Reverse gold plating fills the field while the coin’s silver surface draws the eye to the engraved relief. The reverse gold-plated obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with graphic beauty box.
✔️ Top Quality Bullion
✔️ Price Match Guaranteed
✔️ Free Shipping Over $250
✔️ Safe, Secure & Insured
Best Prices Guaranteed
We'll happily beat our competition!
On orders over $250
Over 15 Years Industry Experience
Our experts are here to help you Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM.