Fifty Cent (50c) - Big Coin Series - 2019 Canada Pure Silver Reverse Gold Plating - Royal Canadian Mint
The Canadian Coat of Arms from the 50-cent piece is one of seven designs to make the leap to a 5 oz. coin—part of the Royal Canadian Mint's reverse gold-plated tribute to Canadian circulation coins past and present.
LOWEST MINTAGE EVER FOR THIS SERIES! Mintage lowered to 1,250! Order today!
- A COLLECTOR FAVOURITE! This 5 oz. pure silver version of the 50-cent piece features the Canadian Coat of Arms design. With only two exceptions, the image been used continuously on Canada's 50-cent coin since 1959.
- SILVER AND GOLD, TOGETHER ON ONE COIN! New for 2019, reverse gold plating adds a warm-toned gleam that creates a beautiful contrast next to the silver shine of the engraved relief!
- FIFTH IN 7 COIN SERIES! Your 50-cent coin is the fifth in our exciting 2019 seven-coin series of 5-ounce pure silver versions of current and historical Canadian circulation coinage!
- 5 OUNCES PURE SILVER! Your coin is crafted from five ounces 99.99% pure silver!
- LARGE DIAMETER! Your 50-cent coin has a diameter of 65.25 mm and a nominal metal weight of 157.6 grams! The ideal diameter and weight for such a beautiful design!
- SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! Your coin includes a serialized certificate!
- LOWER MINTAGE THAN LAST YEAR! Mintage has been lowered from 1,500 to 1,250 in 2019—the lowest ever for the popular Big Coin series, which has a history of selling quickly.
- NO GST/HST!
The reverse features the Canadian Coat of Arms design. A lion holding a Union Jack flag on the left and a unicorn holding a flag bearing three French fleurs-de-lys on the right support a central shield divided into five sections bearing historical emblems of England, France, Scotland, and Ireland, as well as a sprig of three maple leaves. The shield is encircled with a ribbon representing the Order of Canada bearing the motto desiderantes meliorem patriam, which means "desiring a better country." The shield is surmounted by a royal helmet within a garland of maple leaves, upon which stands a crowned lion holding a maple leaf. St. Edward's Crown, symbolizing Canada's constitutional monarchy, rests above the lion, which symbolizes Canada's sovereignty. The motto a mari usque ad mari ("from sea to sea") appears in a ribbon below the shield, along with a "compartment" or garland composed of the floral emblems of England, Scotland, France, and Ireland. Reverse gold plating fills the field while the coin's silver surface draws the eye to the engraved relief, which includes the word "CANADA", the date "2019" and the face value of "50 CENTS". The reverse gold-plated obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with graphic beauty box.
✔️ Top Quality Bullion
✔️ Price Match Guaranteed
✔️ Free Shipping Over $250
✔️ Safe, Secure & Insured
Best Prices Guaranteed
We'll happily beat our competition!
On orders over $250
Over 15 Years Industry Experience
Our experts are here to help you Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM.