Caribou - Timeless Icons - 2018 Canada 1 oz Pure Silver Gold Plated Coin - Royal Canadian Mint
The caribou and the maple leaf: the two most iconic symbols of Canadian identity and pride. One is a national icon and a symbol of Canada's North, the other predates our national flag as a visual representation for this land, its beauty, its people, and our hopes for the future. Since Confederation, the maple leaf has proven its reverential status by gaining official recognition as a national emblem. From coats of arms to coins, the maple leaf is a ubiquitous symbol of belonging, and continues to inspire admiration by proudly representing all that is Canada.
The use of selective gold plating on a pure silver piedfort makes this a valued addition to your collection—order yours today!
- OUR SECOND SELECTIVELY GOLD-PLATED, PURE SILVER PIEDFORT! Almost twice as thick as a standard 1 oz. coin!
- A DISTINCTLY CANADIAN CELEBRATION! Two proud national symbols combine to represent Canada in one outstanding design.
- OUTSTANDING LEVEL OF DETAIL! Beautifully engraved in 99.99% pure silver, the reverse features an outstanding level of detail—as seen in the texture of the caribou's fur and the maple leaf's veins.
- SELECTIVE GOLD PLATING! The use of selective gold plating adds elegance and an extra layer of dimension that allows the maple leaf and the rim to be admired individually or collectively as part of the overall design.
- THE FIRST SELECTIVELY GOLD-PLATED PIEDFORT SOLD OUT FAST! And with a low mintage of just 7,500 coins, you won't want to wait—order today!
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins! Most of these are serialized certifications, where the certificate included with the coin is given a unique number beginning with 1.
- ONE-OUNCE 99.99% PURE SILVER COIN! Your coin has no GST/HST!
Designed by Canadian artist Pierre Leduc, your coin carries great meaning by paying tribute to Canada's evolving history through the two foremost national icons. A transition marks the centre of the field, with classic depictions on the left to represent the nation's past, and more contemporary versions on the right to represent both the present and beyond. Both icons are resplendent on this coin. Foremost is the caribou, the majestic animal that symbolizes Canada's north. Its back half is texturally detailed, while the front portion transitions into a stylized silhouette that offers a more modern take on this Canadian icon. Behind it is the iconic maple leaf, whose serrated edges and deeply veined lobes are fixtures throughout the design. The left features a more natural and life-like appearance that evokes the reverse of the beloved Silver Maple Leaf (SML) coin, while the right portion places a strong emphasis on symmetry and conveys a sense of strength. Also featured on the reverse are the engraved word "CANADA", the face value "25 DOLLARS" and the year "2018." The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a black beauty box.
✔️ Top Quality Bullion
✔️ Price Match Guaranteed
✔️ Free Shipping Over $250
✔️ Safe, Secure & Insured
Best Prices Guaranteed
We'll happily beat our competition!
On orders over $250
Over 15 Years Industry Experience
Our experts are here to help you Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM.