Beaver - Geometry In Art - 2016 Canada 1 oz Pure Silver Coin - Royal Canadian Mint
This eye-catching coin delivers an uncommon view into the life of the beaver using “low poly” art, a visual technique from the video game industry. Individual polygons are used to build the image of two beavers constructing a dam, while geometric lines and sharp corners define the branches. Skilful colouring adds the perception of light, shadow and dimension—a unique keepsake that will capture the attention of nature and art lovers, digital artists and gamers alike!
A conversation-starter of a coin as it offers a great deal to discuss! Order today!
- EACH POLYGON IS DISTINCT: Each polygon is made distinct from the other through extraordinary sculpting, cutting-edge technology and advanced finishing techniques, while the application of bold colour adds vibrancy and alters our perception of dimension and light.
- A fresh, modern take on Canada's timeless icons: The fourth coin in the inventive new five coin Geometry in Art series, which reinterprets familiar Canadian emblems—the polar bear, the beaver, the caribou, the loon and the maple leaf—in a low poly art style.
- CUTTING-EDGE TECHNIQUES FOR A DIMENSIONAL DESIGN: Showcases our exceptional level of craftsmanship and innovative artistic vision!
- UNIQUE USE OF LOW POLY ART: Breathtaking use of colour: In keeping with the low poly art style, lustrous colours contribute to the perception of depth and shadows; exceptional engraving, relief and the application of different finishing techniques add distinctiveness to the polygon shapes that form the stylized image of two beavers in the wild.
- An unforgettable addition to any collection—especially those with a wildlife, nature or Canadiana theme, or any that include the beloved symbols that have come to represent this land and its people.
- Crafted in 99.99% pure silver, your coin has no GST/HST!
Designed by Canadian artist Calder Moore, your coin features a stylized portrait of two beavers presented in an eye-catching low poly art style. Extraordinary sculpting, cutting-edge technology and advanced finishing techniques allow each polygon to appear distinct from the other throughout the design. The geometric lines and sharp corners recreate the branches used by the beavers as building material for their dam; yet these same lines are somewhat softened by the colour variation between each polygon, playfully altering our perception of shadow, light and dimension and conveying the rounded shape of each beaver. The half-submerged perspective allows an underwater glimpse of the dam rising up from the mud at the bottom of the pond, while the deep blue sky above adds vibrancy to the green conifers along the rocky cliffs in the background.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a graphic beauty box.
Order your coin today!
✔️ Top Quality Bullion
✔️ Price Match Guaranteed
✔️ Free Shipping Over $250
✔️ Safe, Secure & Insured
Best Prices Guaranteed
We'll happily beat our competition!
On orders over $250
Over 15 Years Industry Experience
Our experts are here to help you Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM.