75th Anniversary of V-E Day - 2020 Canada Pure Silver Proof Set - Royal Canadian Mint
Introducing the 2020 75th Anniversary of Victory in Europe (V-E) Day collection.
Our 2020 75th Anniversary of Victory in Europe (V-E) Day collection is the multi-part story of Canada in 1945—a story of wartime contributions and a peacetime legacy. Every coin in our 2020 V-E Day collection—including this set’s gold-plated version of the 2020 Proof Dollar—features a special Victory privy mark.
Your coin set is among our best-sellers every year since 1971. Continue the tradition and order your coin set today.
- PART OF THE 2020 75TH ANNIVERSARY OF VICTORY IN EUROPE (V-E) DAY COLLECTION: The 2020 Pure Silver 7-Coin Proof Set - 75th Anniversary of V-E Day is part of a yearlong commemoration of a major anniversary in 2020: the 75th anniversary of the end of the Second World War in Europe.
- AN EXCLUSIVE VERSION OF THE PROOF DOLLAR: The star of this seven-piece set is a selectively gold-plated version of the 2020 Proof Dollar, and it is only available as part of this set.
- ANOTHER SET EXCLUSIVE: The 5-cent coin in this set is a rare re-creation of the 1945 Victory nickel.
- INCLUDES A NEW GOLD-PLATING TECHNIQUE: A new gold plating technique was used that allows the gold to penetrate much smaller areas and reveal far more details than ever before.
- A VICTORY PRIVY MARK: Every coin in our 2020 V-E Day collection—including this set’s gold-plated version of the 2020 Proof Dollar—features a special Victory privy mark.
- INCLUDES THE 50-CENT COIN: Every Canadian denomination is represented in this set, even the rare 50-cent coin.
- INCLUDES A HOLOGRAPHIC V-E DAY DECAL: A holographic V-E Day decal extends the celebration beyond the coin and onto the beauty box. This logo is the hallmark of our 2020 V-E Day collection.
- HISTORIC OBVERSE: Another special feature is the obverse design on the Proof dollar as well as the 5-cent coin, which features the effigy of the reigning monarch in 1945.
- SHOWCASE YOUR SET WITH PRIDE: Your book-style packaging is made of genuine leather and allows you to showcase this set with pride. Each coin has been hand-selected to provide you with the best samples of their kind.
- LIMITED MINTAGE: Only 15,000 coin sets are available worldwide.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE: The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coin sets.
- 99.99% PURE SILVER: Your coin set has been expertly crafted in 99.99% pure silver with a proof finish that accentuates every detail to stunning effect.
- NO GST/HST
A selectively gold-plated “V” for Victory dominates the reverse design by artist Pandora Young. The crowd represents jubilation on the home front on May 8, 1945, a day when Canadians poured into streets and public places to celebrate Victory in Europe (V-E) Day. The spontaneous celebration gradually fades behind the “V” to become a scene of remembrance, with three silhouettes representing the different branches (navy, army and air force) of the Canadian and British Armed Forces in which Canadians and Newfoundlanders served. The obverse features the effigy of King George VI by T. H. Paget and a Victory privy mark.
“On the proof dollar, there are so many fine details in the crowd—faces, expressions, clothing—and all of it had to be sculpted with care. The large “V" letter for Victory was modelled in a bold, crisp manner and gold plated to make it stand out. The “CANADA” text was an added challenge: the letters needed to be prominent without being too high, so we used a modelling trick to have some letters above the V and others sunk into it.”
Alex Tirabasso: Engraver
Your book-style packaging is made of genuine leather and allows you to showcase this set with pride. Each coin has been hand-selected to provide you with the best samples of their kind.
✔️ Top Quality Bullion
✔️ Price Match Guaranteed
✔️ Free Shipping Over $250
✔️ Safe, Secure & Insured
Best Prices Guaranteed
We'll happily beat our competition!
On orders over $250
Over 15 Years Industry Experience
Our experts are here to help you Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM.