10 oz. Pure Silver Gold-Plated Coin - Keepers of Parliament: The Soldier - Mintage: 750 (2018)
A number of grotesques and gargoyles add fanciful flair to the outer walls of the Peace Tower. But halfway up the campanile, between the arched entry and the flagpole of the nation, stands a solemn reminder that this world-renowned landmark is a soaring monument to our wartime sacrifices and commitment to peace. The Peace Tower’s stone-carved sentinel is the third of four Keepers of Parliament featured in this superb series of 10 oz. silver coins. The soldier stands with head bowed and in reverse arms, while selective gold plating adds a touch of reverence to our version of a sculpted memorial tribute to Canada’s fallen soldiers.
A magnificent gift or addition to your 10 oz. pure silver collection!
- 10 OZ. 99.99% PURE SILVER! Your 10 oz. coin is perfectly sized to showcase an elaborate work of sculptured art! The soldier is painstakingly brought to life where crisp lines and very finely engraved details stand out against a brilliant proof finish.
- SELECTIVE GOLD PLATING! The selective gold plating on your soldier coin provides an elegant touch befitting this symbol of remembrance for Canada’s fallen soldiers.
- EXPERT CRAFTSMANSHIP! The details in your soldier coin makes this a numismatic masterpiece and an extraordinary tribute to the original stone-carved art.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins. Most of these are serialized certifications, meaning that each certificate is given a unique number, starting at 1.
- VERY LOW MINTAGE! Limited to 750 coins worldwide.
- NO GST/HST!
The reverse by artist Patrick Bélanger soars to great heights for a near eye-level view of the soldier that is carved at the centre of the Peace Tower on Parliament Hill, in Ottawa, Ont. The positioning of the figure helps convey the height of the actual sculpture. The soldier bears a sombre, reflective expression and stands in reverse arms pose—a common theme during the post-war period, and a fitting symbol of remembrance for Canada’s fallen soldiers. Gold plating selectively highlights the soldier’s lapel, buttons and gear, including the rifle that is kept pointed down to the ground. To the right of the remembrance-themed sculpture is an ornamental flourish, whose floral motif is based on a frieze that adorns the Centre Block’s grand entrance. The reverse includes the face value, “100 DOLLARS”, and the words “CANADA 2018”. The obverse features a maple leaf background pattern and the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Order yours today!
✔️ Top Quality Bullion
✔️ Price Match Guaranteed
✔️ Free Shipping Over $250
✔️ Safe, Secure & Insured
Best Prices Guaranteed
We'll happily beat our competition!
On orders over $250
Over 15 Years Industry Experience
Our experts are here to help you Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM.