1 oz. Fine Silver Coin - River Rapids - Mintage: 7,500 (2014)
A FIRST! Uses an advanced "Water Effect" colourization technique!
Algonquin Provincial Park in autumn is one of Canada's most beautiful visual treats. In the land that inspired world-renowned Canadian landscape painters Tom Thomson and the Group of Seven, nature shows itself to those who are observant. Like Thomson, many nature enthusiasts take to Algonquin's waterways and trails to experience the back country in many forms, such as camping, canoeing, and fishing, and thus reconnecting one with nature. The Algonquin Highlands are the origins of six major rivers; the Nipissing, Amable du Fond, Petawawa, Bonnechere, Opeongo and lastly, the Madawaska. The mighty Madawaska River typifies the region's unique geography, as southern forests of the Great Lakes-St. Lawrence Lowlands meet the northern Boreal Forest at the southern edge Canadian Shield.
Ontario's first provincial park was established in 1893 to preserve the region's waterways and protect the land from human settlement. The area was already in use by loggers, who harvested its massive white and red pines for global export. Logging continued after the creation of the park; however officials sought to conserve stands of timber, so it may be harvested in perpetuity. Though it was originally about half of its current size, surrounding tracts of land were slowly added to the park in the century following its establishment. In 1992, Algonquin Park became a Canadian National Historic Site for its contribution to park management practice in Canada, its groundbreaking visitor interpretation approaches, its historic structures and buildings, and its role in inspiring the Canadian identity. Today it is one of Canada's most popular year-round destinations for outdoor recreation and camping, still maintains an active logging industry, and is an important centre for research in biology and environmental sciences.
Your coin features a set of rapids on the Madawaska river and highlights the rough-hewn beauty of this rugged land. Don't miss out, order yours today!
• A FIRST! A Royal Canadian Mint exclusive, your coin features the use of an advanced "Water Effect" colourization technique used for the first time! This shimmery colour innovation recreates the sparkle and glitter of the waterfall.
• This painted and engraved 99.99% pure silver coin brings to life the unique beauty of Algonquin Park in autumn.
• Own an original artwork by Canadian painter Robert Ross who paints in the tradition of Tom Thompson and the Group of Seven.
• Your coin is a beautiful addition to any coin display featuring fine artwork, natural images, or Canadiana.
• Your coin is GST/HST exempt and has a limited worldwide mintage.
✔️ Top Quality Bullion
✔️ Price Match Guaranteed
✔️ Free Shipping Over $250
✔️ Safe, Secure & Insured
Best Prices Guaranteed
We'll happily beat our competition!
On orders over $250
Over 15 Years Industry Experience
Our experts are here to help you Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM.